new traditions.

We spent our day preparing ham, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. For dessert, apple cider (with butterscotch schnapps), apple pie crumble, and vanilla ice cream. Ethan put on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - which was my first time and then I showed him The Last Holiday - his first time.






Having your own Thanksgiving ensures two things: 1) that you can skip that icky green bean casserole and shifty pasta salad and only make the things that you enjoy eating and 2) you don't have to answer questions like - "When are you getting married? Did you put on some weight? Why don't you visit more? When are you going back to school?" Some you don't know the answer to and other questions they don't want the answer to.


My first Thanksgiving with Ethan was a blast - every single day I fall more in love with him. 
I guess one Thanksgiving doesn't make it a tradition, but we're going to say it anyway.
Happy Thanksgiving, from us to you. ;)
Oh, and...I accidentally took this picture, but I had to post it because...good GRACIOUS he's attractive.