I Don't Want to Go Through the Motions

Sitting on the floor with my things scattered around me I began to write, thoughts flowing from pen to paper ever so naturally, lyrics drilling to the core of my soul:


"I don't want to go through the motions, I don't want to spend one more day without your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking, 'What if I had given everything instead of going through the motions?'"

I titled my journal that I didn't want to go through the motions and I mean that I want to be eager about the Gospel, I want to make Jesus famous, I want to fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel.

Little did I know that the Lord would really give me that chance through a woman named Kathy from Ireland. We began talking when the pug she was dog sitting, Pepper, ran up to me and started playing. I was able to share my testimony with her and really tell her the truth of Jesus Christ. She was raised Catholic so we talked of Purgatory, death, and what a life living after Jesus looks like. It was a truly divine appointment and the Holy Spirit was with me, bless the Lord. Nearing the end of our conversation, she told me that she had really been closed to God even though she attended church regularly and that maybe now was the time to be open to what He has for her. I was able to share about 'mountaintops' and how coming down from the mountain is the hardest because that is when Satan attacks you and she said, "Wow, it's crazy that you just said that because that is where I struggle." It was really cool to see the Lord work today.

Then, I got so blessed right before leaving. I was hanging out with the nannies, as there are many here in London, and I was playing catch with the dogs that one of the nannies is in charge of, and I hit this guy sitting on a bench. So, I ran to go and apologize and that started a conversation and I find out that my new friend is leaving for South Africa tomorrow, Thursday, to be a volunteer worker with human rights and he's only been here for 2 days. It was just cool being able to have him for dinner and sharing love and laughter with him. He told us it was his, "best memory in London."

My life is just really cool, I constantly see that Jesus is so mighty a King, and I am so blessed. Words are not enough, bless the name of the Lord!

Some other things that have been going on are how God has been working on me relationally, how He is shaping my future to serve Him, and how to love and be loved and to be honest and real about love. It's an interesting set of lessons.

And, I don't have the energy to blog about the whole thing but let's just say India 2014 ;)

goodnight & love from London,
KB